Monday, January 21, 2008

Update

Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I've been a little busy. On December 19, 2007 my mom was killed in a car accident. I was devastated as were my brothers and family. I flew to Reno (my mom lived in Nevada) and met my brothers there (we were accompanied by my dad and uncle Doug and Grandparents). We spent a very busy two days figuring all of the funeral home stuff out, sorting through my mom's belongings, and visiting the crash site. It was a very sad, stressfull, angering, and remembering few days. After that I flew home. My brothers and their families drove up and stayed at our house until after the funeral which was on the 29th. My whole family was very worried about me..since I was nine months pregnant...but I was fine, thanks to many prayers, a wonderful husband, and great family and friends. Besides, I knew God would not give me more than I could handle. So, we made it through Christmas, the funeral and the new year without going into early labor. Then on Jan. 4, 2008 @ 05:11am, we welcomed a beautiful, healthy baby boy into our lives. Bragen has been such a blessing in our lives and we could not be happier parents. We didn't know we could love something as much as we love our little boy. He weighed 7lbs 15oz. We went home the next day and are doing very well. I am very happy to have him out of me and in my arms. I've had a few tearful moments...but am doing very well.
So, that has been our eventful month. I have had the best and worst thing happen to me in a matter of a few weeks. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who has been so supportive and helpful through everything (yep, he even changes dirty diapers), and my wonderful family and friends who have said many needed prayers for me and my family. I know I've said it before, but I am very blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!!

No comments: